Boulder Stroke School
Boulder, Longmont & Lafayette Swim Program
A Natural Progression
Our stroke school builds on the skills and comfort previously acquired in private lessons, Aquababies, FunDays and Strokes n’Floats.
Children who complete private survival lessons (4 to 10 years) can learn to:
- streamline on tummy and back
- perform a correct flutter kick on tummy and back
- achieve a rolling backstroke, rotating hips and shoulders
- coordinate arms legs, body and head in a correct freestyle
- perform bi-lateral breathing during freestyle
- learn the components of butterfly and breaststroke
As children become proficient in the freestyle and backstroke, we begin introducing the elements of butterfly and breaststroke. Using the techniques of core swimming, our students truly learn to “swim like fish”.