Learning to swim is a life-or-death skill. Drowning is the number one cause of death for children ages 1 to 4. Our mission has always been to teach children aquatic survival and swimming skills to allow them to safely enjoy the water. It is important to us that we re-open in a safe, science-based, and socially responsible manner.
In collaboration with public health officials, the United States Swim School Association, and facility operators, Swim Float Swim! has created a safe facility use plan that is compliant with public health directives.
Please take a moment to review the steps we are taking below. Keep in mind, this is not the full list. To view the full summary, please click on the button below.
Safety & Social Distancing Measures:
- Facemasks are required to be worn by all customers and Swim Float Swim! team members when approaching the facility, while in the facility, and when exiting. Children under the age of 12 are not required to wear facemasks.
- Touch-free temperature scans will be conducted on our team members and swim families upon arrival. Temperatures at or in excess of 100.3 degrees will be refused entry.
Everyone will need to maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other with the exception of family members who share the same household.
- Initially, we will only be allowing private and semi-private swim lessons.
- Private swim lessons will be 10 minutes in length. The Instructor will teach each student individually.
- If there are two siblings (who share the same household) in the same semi-private lesson, they will receive 20 minutes.
- Swim lessons will be spaced out (6 feet or more) in the pool.
- Students are encouraged to arrive and leave the swim facility wearing their swimsuit/swim diaper.
- The play area will be closed until further notice.
- If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get well.
- All staff members have been told not to come to work if they are sick.
- Any staff member that comes to work feeling sick and/or shows COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- We will be disinfecting all surfaces multiple times per day. These areas include (not limited to): countertops, doorknobs, and benches.
- We will have a team member dedicated to cleaning all common surfaces during our operating hours.
- Hand sanitizer remains at various locations throughout our facility.
- Professional deep cleaning will be performed on nightly basis.
- Bathrooms, staff break room and other common areas will be disinfected frequently.
Chlorine Clean Pools:
- NOTE: There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools. Visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
- We will continue to maintain well balanced, chlorinated pools per the CDC and local health department requirements.
- We have a sophisticated UV light system in place to kill microorganisms in pool water including cryptosporidium (parasite that comes from fecal matter)